Saturday, February 27, 2010

Samoa (1)

Prof. Sakai has arrived to take my place while I visit Samoa. Although what I do in Samoa has nothing to do with the training in New Zealand, I'll go ahead and write a little about my experiences here -- just to let everybody know how I'm doing.

There was musical entertainment while we waited to pick up our luggage before customs. なんと、入国審査を待っている間に、退屈しないように陽気な歌のentertainmentがありました。At 2 A.M.!! しかしも時刻は午前2時なのに。日本やアメリカの入国審査とは大違い。This is very different from anything I have experienced at Japanese or U.S. airports.


This is a private trip so I won't post a lot of private photos but, just to prove that I'm in Samoa. Here's a picture that I took from my taxi today:


I saw a beautiful red bird near some flowers. I couldn't get a good picture of the bird, though. Sorry. Here's a picture of a flower:


And here's a picture of part of the hotel lobby where I'm writing this e-mail (it's night now so the lobby is pretty dark). They have wireless internet but no air-conditioning. Notice the fans on the ceiling. Expensive hotels have air-conditioning but I prefer to experience the real Samoa.


It's hot but not as bad as the hottest days in Kumamoto.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment